12/6/2017 - 12/06/17 - Crime Prevention Tips
The Hamden Police Department has responded to several suspicious activity complaints during the past week.
During an incident on Filbert Street, a black male, 5’11”, wearing brown pants and a leather jacket was observed attempting to enter several parked motor vehicles. On December 5th, a white male was observed on Ranch Road entering porches and “checking packages.” He was accompanied by a white male that was operating a black Sport Utility Vehicle. On December 6th on Woodstock Road a male and female were observed “checking mailboxes.” They were further observed inside of a white Honda.
The Hamden Police Department would like to provide the following crime prevention tips regarding delivered packages:
- If you are not home, have your packages delivered to your place of employment, a relative or friend’s residence or to a neighbor’s residence.
- Install a security camera at the front of your residence. This may prevent package theft.
- Establish a neighborhood watch.
- Require a signature upon delivery.
The Hamden Police Department would like to provide the following crime prevention tips regarding larcenies from motor vehicles:
- Vehicles should be parked in a well-lit area, a garage or driveway.
- Vehicles should be locked.
- All valuables, including loose change should be removed from your vehicle.
- An alarm system is a valuable tool.
- Residents should ALWAYS contact the Hamden Police Department whenever suspicious activity is observed. The Hamden Police Department can be reached at (203) 230-4000, social media outlets and Tip 411.