Date: November 29, 2019
Contact: Captain Ronald Smith
Phone: (203) 230-4029
Since the beginning of October, the Hamden Police Department has responded to more than 60 complaints pertaining to “larcenies from motor vehicles.” A majority of the incidents are occurring during the early morning hours. Thieves are stealing various items, including money, electronic equipment and personal items.
Hamden Police suggest that residents take the following precautions:
- If possible, park your vehicle in an illuminated area
- Vehicles should be locked at all times
- Remove all valuables, including small change from your vehicle
- Do not leave your keys inside of the vehicle
- If you observe suspicious activity, contact the Hamden Police Department immediately at (203) 230-4000.