Date: July 22, 2020
Contact: Captain Ronald Smith
Phone: (203) 230-4029
On July 22, 2020 members of the Hamden Police Department Street Interdiction Team and Neighborhood Initiative Unit assisted Quinnipiac Valley Health District in conducting COVID 19 Phase Two compliance checks at local restaurants and stores.
The following locations were checked for compliance:
- Charlie and James Place – 1350 Dixwell Avenue
- Chazmo’s Café and Lounge – 819 Dixwell Avenue
- Mikro Beer Bar – 3000 Whitney Avenue
- Odie’s Place – 3352 Whitney Avenue
- Petco – 2335 Dixwell Avenue
- Studio 1537 – 1537 Dixwell Avenue
- Wine Merchants – 2300 Dixwell Avenue
The aforementioned list was generated by Quinnipiac Valley Health District, based on citizen complaints pertaining to non-compliance (Connecticut COVID 19 Regulations for Phase Two Re-Opening of Restaurants and Stores).
Quinnipiac Valley Health District personnel and Hamden Police were verifying that the local businesses followed the following regulations:
- Every employee and customer was wearing a mask
- Hand sanitizer was available when a customer enters/exits the restaurant or store
- Tables were spaced 6 feet apart
- A physical barrier was present between patrons that were seated at the bar
Hamden Police is happy to report that all of the aforementioned locations were in compliance with Connecticut COVID 19 Regulations for Phase Two Re-Opening for
Restaurants and Stores. Each location was provided with literature from Quinnipiac Valley Health District. The literature detailed COVID 19 Regulations regarding all phases of re-opening. Each establishment was further provided with a “point of contact” to answer any future questions or concerns.