Hamden Police - News Release
CONTACT: Sean J. Dolan – Public Information Officer
PIO #: 21-136
With the busy holiday season upon us, the Hamden Police Department would like to remind everyone of the following safety tips:
- When shopping, park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- When returning to your vehicle, look inside before entering.
- When walking to your vehicle, have your keys accessible. You want to unlock the door to your vehicle as quickly as possible.
- Place purchased items in the locked trunk of your vehicle. Do not leave items in plain view. Remove and safeguard any valuables when you return home.
- Do not leave your purse/wallet, money, cell phone or other electronic equipment inside of the vehicle.
- Carry only the credit cards you need. Avoid carrying a pocketbook if possible.
- Avoid carrying a large amount of money.
- Be attentive and aware of your surroundings.
- If you are the victim of a robbery, do not resist. Contact the police (911) immediately.
Throughout the holidays, the Hamden Police Department will be conducting high visibility, holiday patrols in shopping areas throughout town to help keep our community safe. Best wishes to everyone for a happy & safe holiday season!